Police also rescued six female Chinesenationals and their supposed handler during a raid of “prostitution den” inLapu-Lapu City last month following a tip from an informant who noticed thefrequent visits of foreigners in the area. The increasing number of foreign sex workers in the country has been alarming, according to Sen. Leila de Lima, as she urged authorities to intensify its crackdown against human trafficking syndicates. ABS-CBN NEWS MANILA – The increasing number of foreign sexworkers in the country has been alarming, according to Sen. Leila de Lima, asshe urged authorities to intensify its crackdown against human traffickingsyndicates. Two Chinese nationals were recently arrestedand six Vietnamese nationals were rescued during an anti-human traffickingentrapment and rescue operations in Makati City. Last month, elements of the Manila PoliceDistrict arrested nine Russian women and one Kazakh woman working as “bargirls” at a Malate nightclub for lack of work and health permits. “It is imperative for the authorities to stepup their campaign against syndicates trafficking foreign women into the countryand forcing them to work as sex workers. We cannot let this practice tocontinue,” de Lima said. “If not acted upon immediately, thePhilippines could become the next haven for trafficking and prostitution of foreignwomen,” said de Lima./PN De Lima raised the alarm following the recentrescue of several foreign women who were forced to work as sex workers innightclubs and bars in various parts of the country. De Lima said the Philippine National Police,the National Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Immigration must worktogether closely to put a stop to this illegal activity.
World soccer ruling body, FIFA, have thrown out Zambia’s protest against centre referee Joshua BondoBotswana referee Bondo was the man at the centre during the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and the Chipolopolo of Zambia at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo and the complain is about the decision of the referee to disallow a goal scored by the Zambians in the 23rd minute of the crucial encounter.Zambia had earlier written a protest letter dated October 10, 2017 to FIFA prompting the football body to turn down their protest bid.FIFA’s decision to turn down the protest was contained in a letter signed by Julien Deux, who is the Deputy Secretary to the FIFA Disciplinary Committee.The aforementioned match between Nigeria and Zambia took place on the 7th of October with the Super Eagles emerging 1-0 victors courtesy a second hand goal from substitute Alex Iwobi.The goal was enough to seal Nigeria’s place at next year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia as the first African country to qualify for the tournament.RelatedCentre Referee For Huge Nigeria, Zambia World Cup Qualifying Clash RevealedSeptember 28, 2017In “Africa”MEN IN BLACK – Destination (Uyo / Yaoundé)August 2, 2017In “Africa”Kelechi Iheanacho: The confidence level in camp is high.October 4, 2017In “Nigeria”