Pinterest Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Facebook Minister for Health rules out return of cancer services to Sligo General Newsx Adverts Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week The Minister for Health has ruled out a return of breast cancer surgery to Sligo General Hospital.After a meeting with representatives from the Sligo area earlier – James Reilly said the matter was still under review.Junior Minister and Sligo-Leitrim TD John Perry admitted last week that it was a mistake to promise that breast cancer services would resume at Sligo General Hospital within 100 days of the Government taking office.During the election campaign, Fine Gael promised to restore the service – while Labour said a ninth centre of excellence would be provided in Sligo.Fine Gael Councillor Barry O’Neill said he would resign from the party if services were not restored during the term of this Government. It is not yet clear if he is to actually now tender his resignation. WhatsApp Twitter Facebook 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic By News Highland – June 23, 2011 WhatsApp Previous articleGarda inspector warns of rise in property crimeNext articleHarte urges HSE to ensure LGH junior doctor crisis is addressed News Highland Google+ PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Google+ Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest
One case is located in Peel region and involved an 18 year-old gelding that had to be euthanized. His clinical signs included severe incoordination of hind limbs, progressing to being down with an inability to get up.The second case, located in Niagara, involves a seven-year-old mare. Her symptoms include progressing to being down with an inability to get up and difficulty urinating.Both facilities are under veterinary supervision and the farm managers have implemented biosecurity procedures and movement restrictions. There are now three equine facilities in the province with a confirmed EHV-1 infection causing neurologic disease.On February 4, OMAFRA was notified of two confirmed cases of equine herpes virus-1 (EHV-1) infection at an equine facility in the Regional Municipality of Halton. Both horses had a fever and were tested as part of a follow-up investigation into the deaths of three horses at the facility. These three horses were euthanized between January 29 and February 3 following the sudden onset of severe incoordination and being down and unable to rise. The facility is under veterinary supervision and the manager has implemented strict biosecurity measures and movement restrictions.It is believed that the highly-contagious virus may have also been transferred to a farm in western Quebec via a recently-purchased horse that shipped in Jan. 15 from a Milton, ON. The farm in Quebec is now experiencing an outbreak of EHV-1 which has already resulted in the deaths of two horses and the infection of 18 others to date. Tags: EHV-1, Subscribe to the Horse Sport newsletter and get an exclusive bonus digital edition! Email* We’ll send you our regular newsletter and include you in our monthly giveaways. PLUS, you’ll receive our exclusive Rider Fitness digital edition with 15 exercises for more effective riding. More from Equine Welfare:Tribunal Satisfied That Kocher Made Prolonged Use of Electric SpursAs well as horse abuse, the US rider is found to have brought the sport into disrepute and committed criminal acts under Swiss law.Donations Sought by Caribbean Equine Disaster Relief FundTogether with PAEC, efforts are being made to help horses and horsepeople in the wake of the volcanic eruption on the island of St. Vincent.Andrew Kocher Suspended for 10 Years by FEI TribunalThe US Jumping athlete has also been disqualified from eight events in 2018 and 2019 for using electric spurs on his horses.Dressage Olympian Banned Three Years for Abusing Daughter’s PonyBrazil’s Leandro da Silva insisted he was just “correcting” the pony, but the FEI Tribunal found his behaviour ‘reprehensible.’ SIGN UP Horse Sport Enews
Inadequate due diligence now could result in expensive operational problems in the future, as well as potential long-term reputational damage.Andrew Marshall, Coldharbour Marine Chief Executive, predicts major problems ahead for those ship operators who have adopted a strategy of minimum compliance based on lowest cost, or simply agreed on ballast water treatment systems as part of a standard shipyard specification.Marshall said that many ship operators require a far better understanding of ballast water treatment technologies and their shortcomings in real-life applications.“Which charterer would risk hiring a ship with a known history of delays, or an operator with a list of PSC issues? You can be certain that the end-users of shipping services will be conducting their own due diligence to the very highest standards,” Marshall said.Delegates at the International Maritime Organization’s MEPC 72 meeting in April are likely to sign off the two-year delay on ballast water convention implementation dates for existing ships.Although the move would mean another two years of threats from invasive species, the extra 24 months will allow more time for the essential due diligence which many ship operators have only just begun to come to terms with, according to Marshall.“The correct choice of system requires a clear understanding of complex scientific and operational issues,” Marshall said.Marshall cited two examples: ultra violet systems can struggle in waters of high turbidity; and electro-chlorination may not be as effective in waters of low temperature and/or low salinity. In both cases, the treatment system may require significantly more power which may or may not be available on-board ship.Parts of the industry are finally addressing what he describes as “the BWTS conundrum”. But he also points out that whilst many are working hard to understand the practical issues facing the day-to-day operation of treatment systems, many others are simply relying on type approval certificates and testing data that often bears no resemblance to the conditions that their vessels will face in daily operation.
“Being a recipient of this award is truly an honor. I look forward to continuing our state’s work to strengthen our justice system and protect Hoosiers.”INDIANAPOLIS – State Representative Jud McMillin (R-Brookville) was awarded a Champion of Justice award by the Indiana Judges Association (IJA).The award recognizes his work in the Indiana General Assembly during the 2014 legislative session on a variety of criminal justice and judiciary related matters. The award was presented to Rep. McMillin, Chairman of the Courts and Criminal Code Committee and a member of the Judiciary Committee, at the IJA’s annual seminar in French Lick.According to the IJA, Rep. McMillin approached each issue with fairness, allowing members of the committee, experts and Hoosiers the opportunity to voice their opinion on each issue. These qualities, along with the legislation he authored during session, earned him the Champion of Justice Award. The award was created in 2013 and is intended to recognize legislators for dedication to the cause of justice for our fellow citizens.“Rep. McMillin was instrumental in ensuring that the sentencing reform bill preserved judicial discretion in sentencing, which allows for judges to sentence based on the facts of the crime involved. He took a very reasoned and pragmatic approach to both the proposed changes to the bail system and the Marion County Small Claims courts by recognizing that studies that were already underway in these areas should be allowed to proceed before making changes to either system,” said Judge John Pera, President of the IJA. “The IJA is very appreciative of his willingness to discuss these issues with us and to approach each decision in an open, deliberative and forthright manner.”The IJA is a voluntary association of judges and magistrates who work together in an effort to make the administration of justice easier to access and the records more readily available to the public.“I am humbled to receive the Champion of Justice Award,” said Rep. McMillin. “As a lawyer, I have a unique appreciation for the work that the IJA contributes to our state. Being a recipient of this award is truly an honor. I look forward to continuing our state’s work to strengthen our justice system and protect Hoosiers.”