Apple is planning to launch its new 13-inch MacBook Air as well as 13- and 16-inch MacBook Pro models at the November 10 event, according to a report. The new MacBook models are likely to have the anticipated Apple silicon, which is said to be based on the company’s A14 Bionic SoC that is already powering the iPhone 12 series as well as the latest iPad Air models. The Cupertino company sent the media invite for the event on Monday, without detailing any specifics.The invite mentioned “One more thing” that is expected to be the new Mac machines with the Apple silicon, Bloomberg reports. These new machines are said to include the new 13-inch MacBook Air alongside the 13- and 16-inch MacBook Pro models that all three are speculated to come with the new SoC.- Advertisement – Aside from the new silicon, Apple is busy developing macOS Big Sur as its next-generation Mac operating system that would start rolling out following the November 10 event. The new OS includes a list of changes to provide an experience that is in line with iOS and iPadOS.We, of course, need to wait until next week to see what Apple has this time — at its fourth big event of the year. The event, just like the previous ones, will take place virtually from the Apple Park, Cupertino.Are iPhone 12 mini, HomePod mini the Perfect Apple Devices for India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. – Advertisement – In addition to the new MacBook models, Apple is reported to have a redesigned iMac in the works — alongside a new Mac Pro. Both new desktop offerings are also speculated to be based on the new silicon. Further, the new Mac Pro is said to be about half the size of the existing model, though it would look quite similar to the current design.Reports suggesting Apple’s move on from Intel chips emerged back in 2018. However, the company made it official at WWDC 2020 in June. It stated that the transition to the Apple silicon would begin later this year.Apple kicked off a Universal App Quick Start Programme to help developers switch to its native silicon ahead of the debut of the first new hardware. The transition would complete in about two years, the company said at the WWDC virtual event.- Advertisement – Apple is reportedly ramping up the production of the new MacBook models — with Foxconn manufacturing the new 13-inch MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models and Quanta Computer building the new 16-inch MacBook Pro.The new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro in 13-inch size are said to be further ahead in production and are likely to receive their announcement at the November 10 event. However, Apple may take some time in bringing the 16-inch MacBook Pro to the market.Apart from moving on from Intel chips, the new MacBook models are said to have no significant design changes. This suggests that there would be the same aesthetics and the presence of a Magic Keyboard that we saw on the MacBook Air 2020 and the 13-inch MacBook Pro refresh earlier this year.- Advertisement –
Be ready to farm the old-fashioned wayThe Ogallala aquifer in the Great Plains area of the United States, which is used for irrigation for a large percentage of America’s crops, is expected to dry up within the next century.Many blame excessive meat consumption on this problem, and it’s not expected to end any time soon.It’s claimed we’re running out of sand and gravel. China has used up a huge amount of sand in the past decade.Farmers are struggling today and have been for decades now. But if either of these causes a major crisis (along with the many other problems), you’re going to have to farm by hand again. It’s part of our past and will be part of our future. For any human who cares about our future, I’d say learn about farming by hand. You can start tomorrow.Colin YunickCharltonMetroplex zombie deal raises red flagsThe Gazette’s “Your Niskayuna” of Aug. 2-8 reports, “Niskayuna could get help from Metroplex to deal with “zombie’ houses.” The accompanying story makes it clear Metroplex wants the Town Board to vote on Aug. 27 to allow Metroplex to conduct business anywhere in the town, which it cannot do now.But nowhere is Ray Gillen, chair of Metroplex, cited as saying Metroplex funds would be committed to addressing zombie houses in the town, only that it could provide such funding.The new authority Metroplex is seeking to operate anywhere in the town of Niskayuna is authority it already has in the city of Schenectady, where its direct funding for the removal of zombie houses can only be described as modest. Is Niskayuna being offered a pig in a poke?Elmer F. BertschNiskayunaNonprofits provide invaluable servicesRecently the state comptroller released a report on the role and value of nonprofit organizations in New York.Comptroller Tom DiNapoli stated nonprofit organizations, large and small, provide a multitude of essential services on behalf of the state, county and other governmental entities, including health care, social welfare, care for the disabled, education and more.Nonprofits provide over 1.4 million jobs and comprised nearly 18 percent of private employment in the state as of 2017. Wages for these workers totaled just over $78 billion. From 2007 through 2017, non-profits added more than 175,000 jobs in New York, a gain of 14 percent. Today, over 400 Northern Rivers Family of Services staff work in Schenectady County providing educational, early head start, family services, counseling, foster care and mental health services to over 4000 families, children and youth. We depend on trained staff to support our clients.We will continue to serve our communities and their residents and look forward to being a vital part of the safety net for families, adults and children.William GettmanAlbanyThe writer is CEO of Northern Rivers Family of Services.More from The Daily Gazette:EDITORIAL: Find a way to get family members into nursing homesEDITORIAL: Beware of voter intimidationGov. Andrew Cuomo’s press conference for Sunday, Oct. 18Foss: Should main downtown branch of the Schenectady County Public Library reopen?EDITORIAL: Thruway tax unfair to working motorists Categories: Letters to the Editor, OpinionTurn in guns to build the wallAll the God-fearing, gun-toting folks attending vigils for slain victims of gun violence, instead of burning candles, floating balloons, tying ribbons and offering thoughts and prayers after the fact, bring your guns and deposit them in recycling bins. The guns can be melted down and formed into fencing being erected at our southern border. The tremendous, tallest, biggest, most beautiful southern border wall is being constructed as we speak. Just saying.Chris MooreGreenville, S.C.The writer is a former resident of Glenville. Root out causes of hate and violenceWe must find the causes of hate and violence. My heart is heavy for those who lost their lives in recent shootings. Our society needs to teach the golden rule “Do onto others as you would have them do unto you.” When respect for life and property was taught through the Ten Commandments, we didn’t have this violence.A society cannot allow a newborn infant to be left to die and then say a life taken by other means is wrong. What is driving these young men to be so filled with hate and rage? Violent video games and radical ideas online are factors that must be addressed along with mental illness.Arlene Shako Schoharie
The South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD) Governing Board has approved the purchase of 2,510 acres in Glades County that will expand the ongoing Lake Hicpochee Shallow Hydrologic Enhancement Project.According to SFWMD, this project will benefit the Caloosahatchee River and Estuary and watershed by adding opportunities for water storage.“It’s simple math really. More completed projects mean more water storage opportunities,” said SFWMD Governing Board Member Jaime Weisinger. “Some might glance over this as just another approval to purchase land, but in fact this action ushers in an important restoration project to benefit the Caloosahatchee River.”SFWMD began construction of the first 670 acres in April 2017. This $18.4 million project adds approximately 1,500 acre-feet of shallow water storage while improving the area’s ecology. The first phase is expected to be completed in October of this year.The 2,510-acre purchase from A. Duda and Sons Inc. uses funds specifically appropriated by the Florida Legislature in 2016. This acreage could provide another estimated 9,000 acre-feet of shallow storage for local stormwater and Lake Okeechobee regulatory releases that would otherwise go into the Caloosahatchee Estuary.Additionally, SFWMD is in the process of building the massive C-43 West Basin Storage Reservoir farther downstream. Once completed, this reservoir will be able to store another 170,000 acre-feet of water and serve as the primary recovery strategy for the Caloosahatchee River and Estuary minimum flows and minimum water levels.
Tweet Share Share LocalNews AG announces several changes to Criminal Justice System for 2011/2012 law term by: – September 21, 2011 14 Views no discussions Share Sharing is caring! Attorney General Levi Peter. Image via GIS NewsAttorney General of the Commonwealth of Dominica Mr Levi Peter during his speech at a special sitting of the 2011/2012 law term at the High Court Office yesterday announced several changes to the criminal justice system geared at enhancing the efficiency and speediness of trials.The first phase of the National Prosecution Project under which all prosecutors will be housed in the office of the Director of Public Prosecution, improving the effectiveness of the prosecution process will be part of these changes.“Also of note, is the coming on stream of the first phase of the National Prosecution Project which is geared towards improving the effectiveness of our individual prosecutors and the prosecution process as a whole, through the physical location of prosecutors under the direct auspices of the Director of Public Prosecutions,” he said.The change from lengthy Preliminary Inquiries to truncated sufficiency hearings which is hoped will expedite the criminal justice process, is another changed alluded to by the Attorney General.“The proposed introduction in the near future of a New Criminal Division and the abolition of the antiquated, unacceptably lengthy and some would say much abused Preliminary Inquiry otherwise known as P.I and its replacement with the much truncated sufficiency hearing….. All the evidence is that the abolition of the P.I will result in a substantial reduction in the amount of time taken between the point at which a person is charged with a serious offense and that at which they may be brought before a judge and jury for trial. This will in most instances move from years as at present to mere months.”According to Mr Peter the old saying “justice delayed is justice denied will become a relic of the past” with the implementation of the sufficiency hearings.Several pieces of legislation will also be enacted to improve deficiencies within the criminal justice system as well as a review of the laws of Dominica. “A number of pieces of legislation focusing upon identified deficiencies in our criminal justice system are to be considered and brought forward shortly to address a wide range of concerns; including the issues of violence, bail, money laundering, confiscation of proceeds of crime, public order, evidence, the investigative process, prosecution of offenses, sentencing among others. Consultation, engagement and cooperation between the government through the Ministry of Legal Affairs primarily the Chambers of the Attorney General, specific stake holders and the wider community will be required.”Mr Peter noted that he anticipates the support of members of the Bar Association, legal minds and the general public to offer constructive criticism in this review process of the laws of Dominica.“I look forward to the full support including constructive criticisms of not only the Bar Association and all legal minds but also the wider society as we endeavour to bring our country to a greater level of proficiency in tackling the criminality and infringement of our quality of life that some are determined to inflict upon us.”The Attorney General also noted that although there has been much undue criticism against the justice system by a few citizens for personal reasons, he is ‘satisfied that justice is not merely done but is seen to be done.’Dominica Vibes News
Loading… The Gunners were happy to pick up their first win of the Arteta era against Manchester United on New Year’s Day. They played a high intensity game that was rarely seen in the last few months of the Unai Emery era. Pepe told RMC after the game: “This one feels a lot better. We scored twice, we conceded zero goals. This will really do a lot for everyone’s confidence levels.Advertisement “We are doing a lot, a lot of video during training in order to perform well during the match. Today we performed well, we were solid defensively, we were good going forward. “It is all new for us. A new system, new instructions. We are adapting quickly. “That has been seen in the last three matches, even though we did not win, we were very good, we were just missing the victory, which we were able to do tonight. We need to continue like this. Read Also:West Ham vs Arsenal: Ljungberg applauds Nicolas Pepe’s match-winning display “Now we have to go on a run to get to this top four that we need to do.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Arsenal winger, Nicholas Pepe, has spoken about the new system that manager Mikel Arteta is trying to implement. Promoted ContentWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?6 Extreme Facts About HurricanesEd Sheeran’s 8 Best CollaborationsThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical7 Train Stations In The World You Wish To Stay At Longer7 Breathtaking Train Stations Around The GlobeWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do ThisThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True
HONG KONG – Dozens of protestersshimmied down plastic hosing from a bridge and fled using motorbikes during anescape from a university campus here on Monday. Anti-government protesters trapped inside Hong Kong Polytechnic University abseil onto a highway and escape before being forced to surrender during a police besiege of the campus in Hong Kong, China on Nov. 18. HK01/HANDOUT VIA REUTERS Polytechnic University in Kowloondistrict is at the center of a standoff in the past week that has seen the mostintense violence in five months of anti-government demonstrations.(Reuters) Some of the protesters who escapedlowered themselves several meters from a bridge they had occupied on the campusto a flyover below. They then sped off on the back of motorcycles that werealready waiting or arrived quickly.
Officers of the Cadiz City police station were still investigating the incident./PN BACOLOD City – A man died while two others were injured after being electrocuted in Barangay Luna, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental.Police identified the fatality as 34-year-old Rolando Flores of Barangay Mabini, Escalante City. According to police reports, the incident happened around 8 a.m. on June 9.The three were working at a fish pond when Flores accidentally touched an exposed live wire. His co-workers Richard Jusayan, 35, and resident Juanito Rojo, 45, meanwhile, were rushed to the Cadiz City Emergency Clinic for medical treatment, a police report showed.
The Batesville Boys’ basketball team will be holding an autograph night this Friday (1-31) immediately after the North Decatur game.There will be 150 free posters with the team picture given out while supplies last.This is in appreciation for all of the support the community gives the young men on the team.Submitted by Batesville Coach Aaron Garrett.
Milan wrestled at a 6-way meet on Saturday and faced 4 of the 6. They went 2-2 beating Union City and Blue River Valley, but the Indians fell to Shenandoah and Mt. Vernon.Jake Cavins, Adam Brinkman, and Karl Hoffrogge wrestled for first place in their weight classes Jake Cavins won first and went undefeated for the day.The Indians are back in action on Wednesday against Connersville.Courtesy of Milan’s Chris Hawk.
Chittorgarh: Haryana wrestlers dominated the Tata Motors Under-23 National Wrestling Championship as their men won four of 10 gold medals, mostly in heavier weight categories of the freestyle events which ended at the Gora Badi Indoor Stadium here on Sunday.They also won a silver and four bronze medals which were good enough for the state wrestlers to get the top perch and the overall championship title.The Haryana wrestlers logged 195 points, with Delhi closely behind (165) and Maharashtra at 139 points for the second and third spots. All the gold medal winners will represent India in the Bucharest Under-23 World Championships to be held in the Romanian capital from November 12 to 18. IANS