To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced new restrictions on social gatherings in England on Wednesday, saying there was a clear need to act after a spike in COVID-19 infections.Speaking at a televised news conference, flanked by his top medical advisers, Johnson said groups of more than six people would be banned from meeting, in what he called a “rule of six” that was easier to understand than previous guidance.”I wish that we did not have to take this step, but as your prime minister, I must do what is necessary to stop the spread of the virus and to save lives,” he said, stressing that police and other agencies would be enforcing the rules more actively. “I will be absolutely clear. This is not, these measures are not, another national lockdown. The whole point is to avoid a second national lockdown,” he added.He also announced an ambitious “moonshot” plan, which he said was not guaranteed to succeed, in which mass testing that delivers fast results could be used to grant more freedom to those confirmed not to have the virus.”We’re hopeful this approach will be widespread by the spring,” he said.The number of cases in Britain has begun to rise sharply again in recent days, prompting Johnson to deliver a news conference in his Downing Street office, just as he and other ministers did on a daily basis during the worst of the crisis. England’s Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty said Britain’s numbers were following a similar pattern to that seen in France four weeks ago, and risked continuing to rise sharply as they had done there.He cited Belgium as an example of a country that had seen a similar increase in cases but had managed to reverse the trend through decisive action.”This is a clear indication that if you act rapidly and decisively when these changes are happening, there is a reasonable chance, or a good chance, of bringing the rates back down under control,” Whitty said.He said the measures were likely to remain in place for more than a few weeks, and warned that difficult times lay ahead as winter conditions made it easier for the virus to spread.Although testing is more widespread and the number of people in hospital is well below the peak of the outbreak, ministers fear it is beginning to slip out of control, particularly among people in their late teens and their 20s.Prior to the rule of six, the limit on the number of people who could socialize together was 30.The United Kingdom reported 2,659 confirmed new cases of COVID-19 earlier on Wednesday, up from 2,460 on Tuesday. The figures were close to 3,000 on Sunday and Monday – a sharp rise from levels of around 1,000 per day in August, attributed to high transmission among young people.The new rules will not apply to workplaces or schools, and there will be exemptions for weddings, funerals and some organized team sports. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland set their own lockdown policies.Topics :
Address Price 1. 44-48 North Point Ave, Kingscliff $6.995m2. 135 Highwood Rd, The Gap On application3. 17 Lama St, Chelmer For sale now4. 121 King Arthur Tce, Tennyson For sale5. 94 Peary St, Northgate For sale6. 139 Kamala Dr, Pullenvale For sale now7. 35 Molonga Tce, Graceville For sale8. 89 Longman Tce, Chelmer Sale by negotiation9. 48 Markwell St, Hamilton For sale10. 64A Robertson Plc, Fig Tree Pocket Offers over $4m(Source: Realestate.com.au) The tennis court at 121 King Arthur Tce, Tennyson, which is for sale. Address Sale price 1. 1 King Arthur Terrace, Tennyson About $17m2. 59 Nestor Ave, Bardon $7.85m3. 119 Nelson St, Kalinga $5.175m4. 630 Jesmond Rd, Fig Tree Pocket $4.65m5. 58 Retreat St, Bridgeman Downs $4.117mMore from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus10 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market10 hours ago6. 100 Oriel Rd, Clayfield $4.1m7. 49 Buena Vista Ave, Coorparoo $3.82m8. 31 Rivergum Plc, Fig Tree Pocket $3.3m9. 65 Upper Brookfield Rd, Brookfield $3.2m10. 11 Timaru Close, Westlake $3.075m(Source: Realestate.com.au, CoreLogic, Spinks & Co, agents) This tennis court property at 48 Markwell St, Hamilton, is for sale. 10 TENNIS COURT HOMES ON THE MARKET Dave and Yvonne Todd are selling their tennis court property in Chelmer.YOU could call it the Ash Barty effect.In the past six months, tennis court homes in Brisbane netted huge demand, with recent sales breaking records.And the Queensland tennis superstar is not the only one on the hunt for a property with a tennis court worthy of a Grand Slam final. Queenslander Ash Barty has become a tennis superstar. Photo: Rob Williams/The Queensland Times.With the summer of tennis just around the corner, agents say appetite is increasing for lifestyle properties on large parcels of land that offer the whole experience for families.Spinks & Co Residential director Rachael Spinks said it had been a big few months for tennis court homes in Brisbane. “I think it’s shown there’s a real strength in that market place, with the top prestige sale (of 2019) a tennis court home,” Ms Spinks said.“It’s showing people are continuing to want to have those lifestyle properties — you get to sell a whole dream.”The biggest tennis court property transaction in Brisbane this year was the offmarket sale of 1 King Arthur Tce, Tennyson. This property at 1 King Arthur Tce, Tennyson, recently sold for about $17m and has a tennis court.The deal is yet to settle, but sources say the property, owned by Brisbane Broncos chairman Karl Morris, fetched about $17 million.Ms Spinks said most of the tennis court properties that changed hands in 2019 sold to local families looking to upsize. “I think people really are wanting to spend more time with their families,” she said.”The whole summer of tennis in Australia really motivates people to get back outside again and do things with their family.”Heath Williams of Place – New Farm negotiated one of the biggest tennis court home sales of the year — and one of the biggest property sales of the year in Queensland.Mr Williams sold a five-bedroom house on a huge 4240 sqm hilltop site at 59 Nestor Ave, Bardon, this month for $7.85 million in a deal that broke the suburb record. The Nest, a Shaun Lockyer design at 59 Nestor Ave, Bardon, sold for $7.85m. Photo: SB Photography. The tennis court at 59 Nestor Ave, Bardon, which was one of the biggest sales of 2019.“It was all about the lifestyle — an acreage buyer in the city,” Mr Williams said.“We had multiple offers, and all from Paddington based buyers.”Mr Williams said it was rare for lifestyle properties of that size close to the city and with tennis courts to become available.“If I had three of these houses, they’d all be sold,” he said.“In some suburbs, it’s almost become an expectation (to have a tennis court).”One of Brisbane’s leading architects, Joe Adsett, has just built an L-shaped house in Ascot built around tennis court.Mr Williams is also marketing the incredible property at 1 Leopard St, Kangaroo Point, which holds the record for Brisbane’s most expensive residential home sale. This property at 119 Nelson St, Kalinga, was one of the biggest tennis court sales of 2019.He said he had been in negotiations with a potential buyer to sell the property, but they wanted a tennis court.There a handful of stunning tennis court properties on the market now, including a beachfront pad Ash Barty has been quietly looking for a cool $6.995 million.The eyewatering price tag is much more achievable following the 23-year-old’s historic payday in China earlier this year when she won the biggest cash prize in tennis history — a cheque for $6.4 million. This property at 44-48 North Point Ave, Kingscliff, is on the market. Chelmer residents David and Yvonne Todd are selling their five-bedroom Georgian-style house with a tennis court at 17 Lama Street after living there for 11 years.And Ms Spinks is about to list a tennis court property at 85 Ascog Tce, Toowong, on an elevated 2291 sqm block with a pool and city views. The property for sale at 17 Lama Street, Chelmer, comes with a tennis court. 10 OF THE TOP TENNIS COURT HOME SALES OF 2019 IN BRISBANE
Associates at the Agresta, Storms & O’Leary Batesville office are pictured left to right: Rita Wilder, Lori Seifert, Matt Back, Bev Lamping and Brenda Moorman.Agresta, Storms & O’Leary PC recently was named one of the 2013 Best Accounting Firms to Work For. Accounting Today magazine and the Best Companies Group created the annual list to identify, recognize, and honor the best places of employment in the accounting profession.Agresta, Storms & O’Leary has the additional distinction of being ranked in top ten of the small firm category, finishing 8th on this year’s list in the company’s first year of entering the competition.“We are pleased our associates have recognized Agresta, Storms & O’Leary as a great place to work,” said S. Shawwn Storms, a partner at Agresta, Storms & O’Leary. “Their dedication and hard work is what makes Agresta, Storms & O’Leary one of the best accounting firms to work for. We are proud of our firm, and we are grateful for this recognition.”Accounting firms from across the country entered the two-part survey process to determine the best accounting firms to work for. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated firm’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems, and demographics. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. The combined scores determined the top firms and the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration, survey and analysis process, and determined the final rankings.The Best Accounting Firms to Work For is comprised of a total of 100 companies, split into three groups: 51 small-sized companies (15-49 employees), 43 medium-sized companies (50-249), and 6 large-sized companies (more than 250 employees). Each year hundreds of firms apply to be considered for the list which only includes the final 100 firms.To be considered, companies were required to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:• Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business;• Be a publicly or privately held business;• Have a facility in the United States;• Have at least 15 employees working in the United States;• Be in business a minimum of 1 year; and• Be an accounting firm.“We are honored to accept this award”, commented Storms. “It recognizes the outstanding attitude and engagement of our staff to our firm and, more importantly, our clients’ businesses. It is clear validation our company’s core values of continuously re-inventing processes, leveraging technology, embracing change and providing timely, quality service.”About Agresta, Storms & O’Leary PC:Founded in 2009, Agresta, Storms & O’Leary PC is a full service accounting firm with offices in Batesville and Greensburg, Indianapolis and Martinsville offering assurance, tax, and business consulting services, including bank and finance consulting, business valuations, mergers and acquisitions assistance, cost management and budgeting consulting, HUD consulting and various CFO services. For more information, visit www.asocpa.com.
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Department of Workforce Development released new data regarding local unemployment figures in July.The jobless rate in Indiana remained steady last month at 5.9 percent. Locally, Fayette County ranked second highest in the state with unemployment numbers at 7.8 percent.Ripley County ranked 29th with a 6.2 percentage last month and Dearborn County mirrored the state average of 5.9 percent.Numbers in Franklin County were 5.3 percent and Decatur County provided the lowest jobless rates locally at 5.1 percent.The department says the jobless rate held steady despite private sector gains, specifically in manufacturing.
Linda L. Schmid, age 73, of Winterhaven, Florida, and a former longtime resident of Brookville, Indiana died Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at Winterhaven Hospital.Born December 18, 1943 in Brookville, Indiana she was the daughter of the late Charles Graydon Lohrey & Virginia (Klusman) Lohrey Pennington. On April 7, 1962 at the Brookville United Methodist Church, she was united in marriage to James R. Schmid, and he survives.Linda was retired having worked for several years as a beautician in Brookville, and had also babysat for many years. In her leisure time she enjoyed oil painting, quilting, scrapbooking and time spent with her family.Besides James, her loving husband of over 55 years, survivors include two sons, Jeff (Sheri Seeley) Schmid of Brookville, Indiana and Chuck (Lisa) Schmid of Milford, Ohio; four grandchildren, Aaron Alexander Schmid, Ian Andrew Schmid, Skylar Schmid, and Celeste Hoerl; three sisters, Carol Evans of Richmond, Indiana, Marjorie Graf of Lawrenceburg, Indiana and Donna Freeland of Richmond, Indiana; two brothers, Cecil Ray Lohrey of Brookville, Indiana and Raymond Pennington of Hendersonville, Tennessee.In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a brother Ronnie Pennington.Family & friends may visit from 5:00 P.M. until 7:00 P.M. on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at Phillips & Meyers Funeral Home, 1025 Franklin Ave., Brookville.Rev. Curtis Bond, pastor of the Brookville United Methodist Church, will officiate the Funeral Services at 10:00 A.M., Wednesday, December 20, 2017, at Phillips & Meyers Funeral Home in Brookville. Burial will then follow in Maple Grove Cemetery in Brookville.Memorial contributions may be directed to the American Heart Association. Phillips & Meyers Funeral Home and staff are honored to serve the Schmid family, to sign the online guest book or send personal condolences to the family please visit www.phillipsandmeyers.com .
Brookville, IN — After months of work, US 52 is open just west of Brookville after INDOT crews did work on slide repairs.
Nathan Dyer had put Swansea ahead with a 57th-minute strike – the first goal to be scored in the debut football match at Miller Park, the home of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team – before Hernandez equalised in the last seconds of the game. Jazz Richards was adjudged to have fouled an opposing player in the box, with goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel unable to keep out the Chivas substitute from the spot. Swansea narrowly missed out on victory in their opening pre-season match against Chivas Guadalajara as Giovanni Hernandez slotted a last-gasp penalty to level the game at 1-1. Press Association Both sides ended the game with 10 men after referee Andres Pfefferkorn dismissed Neil Taylor and Chivas’ Jesus Sanchez with 10 minutes remaining after they squared up to each other following a challenge. After a goalless first half which saw Jonjo Shelvey strike the crossbar with a thunderous free-kick and Wayne Routledge’s score ruled offside, Swans boss Garry Monk made 10 changes, with Dyer opening the scoring soon after the break. Swansea striker Rory Donnelly went close with a header before Tremmel stopped a shot by Omar Esparza and Hernandez narrowly missed with a free-kick. Taylor and Sanchez were then both dismissed before the late penalty award saw the match finish all square.
Martin O’Neill’s assistant declined to discuss the furore which engulfed the camp on Wednesday last week after Gardai were called to the team hotel in Portmarnock following an alleged altercation with another man. Speaking to the media at the same venue for the first time since the incident, Keane’s response when asked if he was prepared to discuss what happened, was: “No, I’m not.” Press Association Roy Keane drew a veil of silence over the incident which threatened to distract the Republic of Ireland ahead of their Euro 2016 qualifier in Scotland as he met the media on Sunday. Wearing the same frown he adopted when confronted on the sideline at Celtic Park by match referee Milorad Mazic during Friday night’s feisty 1-0 Group D defeat in Glasgow, he was similarly taciturn when asked if the publicity had proved a distraction. He said: “No.” Although Gardai attended – the Football Association of Ireland later insisted at Keane’s request – no arrest was made nor complaint received. The 43-year-old, who was the centre of attention in the build-up to last month’s qualifiers against Gibraltar and Germany because of the release of his updated autobiography, remains big news in Ireland, where his partnership with O’Neill captured the imagination when it was announced a little more than a year ago. However, he insisted the pair’s position in the limelight does not dictate where they can and cannot go. He said: “No. We go into Malahide and have a coffee, it’s fine. We were out last night for a meal, it was fine,” before adding with a flicker of a smile: “We’re not One Direction.”